Students can find the most related topics which helps them to analyse the concepts if they practice according to the chapter-wise page. It is necessary for the students to practice more questions in grammar. Notes Reference Skills Questions and Answers Pdf, Notes, Summary 1st PUC English Textbook Answers are given in the pdf format in chapter-wise so that students can prepare in both online and offline modes. So, solve Karnataka 1st PUC English Solutions to improve your grammar skills.
Karnataka 1st PUC English Grammar Notes Reference Skills
I. Read the following advertisement and answer the questions:
Sahara Art and Craft
Date: 13th October to 12”’ November 2017
1. When does the shopping festival start?
2. What Is the timing of the exhibition and sale?
3. When does the shopping festival end?
4. Where does the shopping festival of Sahara Art and Craft take place?
- The shopping festival starts on the 13 of October 2017.
- The timings of the exhibition and sale ¡s from 10.00 a.m. to 9-30 p.m.
- The shopping festival ends on 12 of November 2017,
- The shopping festival takes place at Maltappa Kalyana Mantapa.
II. Read the following advertisement and answer the questions given below:
Rera Approval Received
1. Which project of Taapasi is approved by BOA?
2. What is the cost of the sites per square foot?
3. How far are the sites from Vidyaranyapuram?
4. What is the website to contact Taapasi Projects?
- Summer Bay project of Taapasi is approved by LŠDA.
- Rs. 3500/- s the cost of the sites per square foot.
- The sites are 4 kms from Vidyaranyapuram.
III. Read the following advertisement and answer the questions set on it in one complete sentence each:
|Tourism Australia from MakeMyTrip
The Great Australian Airfare is Back
a) Indigo — starts from Rs. 29,900/-
b) Air Asia — starts from Rs. 30,600/.
c) Malaysian Airlines — starts from Rs. 45,500/-
d) Air India — starts from Rs. 50,000/-
Exclusive MakeMyTrip Offer
Get cashback of Rs. 5000/- on a flight to Australia on
Standard Chartered Bank Cards
Offers End on: 2Vt November 2017
1. Which is the cheapest flight to Australia?
2. What is the cashback offered on Standard Chartered Bank cards?
3. What is the fare on Air India flight to Australia?
4. The Great Australian Airfare is valid till_______ (fill In the blank).
- Indigo is the cheapest flight to Australia.
- Rs. 5000/-is the cashback offered on Standard Chartered Bank cards.
- The fare on Air India flight to Australia starts from Rs. 50,000/-.
- 21st November 2017.
IV. Read the following advertisement and answer the questions set on it:
Flipkart — Launching Nokia 5
3 GB RAM with pure Android Nougut
@ Rs. 13,499/-
No cost EMI from Rs. 1500/- per month
1. Name the agency that launches Nokia 5.
2. What is the cost of Nokia 5?
3. What is the EMI for Nokia 5?
4. Nokia has ______ RAM with pure AndroId Nougut.
- Flipkart Is the agency that launches Nokia 5.
- The cost of a Nokia 5 is Rs. 13,499/-.
- Rs. 1500/-is the EMI for Nokia5.
- Nokia has 1 RAM with pure Android Nougut.
V. Read the following advertisement and answer the questions:
1. What Is the website of Air Asia?
2. When do the bookings to Bangkok close?
3. Where does the flight to Bangkok leave from?
4. What is the maximum discount available for the flight?
- www.airasia.com is the website of Air Asia.
- Bookings to Bangkok close on 5th November 2017.
- The flight to Bangkok leaves from Jaipur.
- 50% is the maximum discount available for the flight.
VI. Refer to the following table and answer the questions:
|Indian Premier League – 2016|
|Teams||Played||Won||Lost||Points||Net Run Rate|
|Mumbai Indians||5||4||1||8||+ 2.110|
|Rajasthan Royals||5||3||2||6||+ 0.430|
1. Which team has the highest run rate?
2. How many matches has Royal Challengers played?
3. How many matches has Rajasthan Royals lost?
4. Name the team that has the lowest run rate.
- Mumbai Indians has the highest run rate.
- Royal Challengers has played 5 matches.
- Rajasthan Royals has lost 2 matches.
- Sunrlsers Hyderabad has the lowest run rate.
Vii. Refer the following weather report and answer the questions:
|Names of cities||April||November|
|Min. Temp.||Max. Temp.||Min. Temp.||Max. Temp.|
Note: Temperature in degree Celsius.
1. Which city records the highest temperature in April?
2. Which is the coolest city in November?
3. What is the maximum temperature in Bidar in April?
4. Which city records the lowest temperature in April?
- Raichur records the highest temperature in April.
- Bangalore is the coolest city in November.
- 42 is the maximum temperature in Bidar in April.
- Bangalore city records the lowest temperature in April.
VIII. Read the KSRTC schedule and answer the questions:
Mysore KSTRC Bus Station
|Buses from Mysore to Shivamogga|
|Type of Bus||Arrival||Departure|
|Express||8-00 hrs||8-30 hrs|
|Super Deluxe||9-30 hrs||10-00 hrs|
|Rajahamsa||13-30 hrs||14-00 hrs|
|Airavatha||16-30 hrs||17-00 hrs|
1. When does Rajahamsa leave from Mysore?
2. Which bus departs to Shivamogga at 17-00 hours?
3. When does the Super Deluxe arrive at Mysore?
4. Which bus arrives at Mysore at 8-00 hours?
- Rajahamsa leaves from Mysore at 14-00 his.
- Airavatha departs to Shivamogga at 17-00 his.
- The Super Deluxe arrives at Mysore ai 9-30 his.
- The Express arrives at Mysore at 8-00 hrs.
IX. Refer the following events and answer the questions set on it:
|Registration||8-30 a.m. to 9-30 a.m.|
|Inaugural Session||9-30 a.m. to 10-30 a.m.|
|Quiz Programme||12-30 p.m. to 2-00 p.m.|
|Debate Competition||11-00 a.m. to 12-30 p.m.|
|Pick and Act||2-30 p.m. to 3-30 p.m.|
|Prize distribution and Valedictory||4-00 p.m. to 6-00 p.m.|
1. When does the Inaugural session begin?
2. What is the duration of the quiz programme?
3. Which event takes place between 2-30 p.m. and 3-30 p.m.?
4. How long will the prize distribution and valedictory take?
- The Inaugural session begins at 9-30 a.m.
- The duration of the quiz programme is one and a half hours.
- Pick and Act event takes place between 2-30 p.m. and 3-30 p.m.
- Prize distribution and valedictory will last for two hours.
X. Refer the list of events and answer the questions:
|Indian Premier League – 2016|
|Event||Time||No. of Participants|
|Inauguration by D.C. of Mysore||7-30 a.m.|
|Half Marathon Race for Women||8-00 a.m.||110|
|Full Marathon Race for Men||8-15 a.m.||150|
|Prize distribution||2-00 p.m. to 4-00 p.m.|
Note: Prize money for Half Marathon is 1.50 lakhs and for Full Marathon is 4.00 lakhs.
1. Who inaugurates the Indian Premier League?
2. How many women will participate in the half marathon?
3. When will prize distribution begin?
4. What is the prize money for the winner of the Full Marathon?
- The Deputy Commissioner of Mysore inaugurates the Indian Premier League.
- 110 women will participate ¡n the half marathon.
- The prize distribution begins at 2-00 p.m.
- 4.00 Ìakhs is the prize money for the winner of the Full Marathon.
XI. Refer to the following list of events and answer the questions set on it:
|1. Debate||10-30-11-30 a.m.|
|2. Mad Ads||12-30-1-30 p.m.|
|3. Essay Writing||2-00 – 3-00 p.m.|
|4. Prize Distribution||4-00-5-00 p.m.|
a) What Is the event that starts at 10-30 a.m.?
b) What is the duration of Mad Ads?
c) At what time does the Essay Writing end?
d) How long does the prize distribution take place?
a) Debate starts at 10-30 a.m.
b) The duration of Mad Ads is one hour.
c) The essay writing ends at 3-00 p.m.
d) The prize distribution takes place for an hour.
XII. Refer the following TV schedule and answer the questions set on it:
a) Which channel would you watch to listen to instrumental music?
b) The channel that broadcasts news about share market is _________
c) When Is the quiz program telecast?
d) Which of the channels shows ‘Life in the W11d7
a) We would watch Kastun channel to listen to instrumental music.
c) The quiz program Is telecast at 21-30 hrs., that is, 9-30 p.m.
d) Discovery Channel shows ‘life in the Wild’.
XIII. Read the following table and answer the questions set on it.
|Name of the Train||Departure||Name of the city||Destination|
|Hubli Express||9-30 a.m.||Hubli||Bengaluru|
|Goa Express||8-00 a.m.||Vasco||Bengaluru|
|Chamundi Express||10-00 p.m.||Bengaluru||Mysore|
|Brindavan Express||6-30 a.m.||Mysore||Bengaluru|
a) Which train leaves from Hubli?
b) When does Brindavan Express leave Mysore?
c) What is the destination of Chamundi Express?
d) At what time does Goa Express leave Vasco?
a) Hubli Express leaves from Hubli.
b) Brindavan Express leaves Mysore at 6-30 a.m.
c) Mysore is the destination of Chamundi Express.
d) Gea Express leaves Vasco at 8-00 a.m.
Share this Karnataka Board 1st PUC English Solutions Notes Reference Skills with your friends to help them to overcome the grammar issues in exams. Keep visiting this site frequently to get the latest information on different subjects. Clarify your doubts by posting the comments and get the answers in an easy manner.