Students can Download Political Science Chapter 1 Meaning and Importance of Political Science Questions and Answers, Notes, KSEEB Solutions for Class 8 Social Science helps you to revise complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 8 Social Science Political Science Chapter 1 Meaning and Importance of Political Science
Class 8 Social Science Meaning and Importance of Political Science Textual Questions and Answers
I. Multiple Choice Questions:
The term ‘politics’ for the study of state was used by.
The term politics is derived from the Greek word.
The book ‘Republic’ was written by
The organ of the government is
(d) All the above
Answer: (d) All the above
II. Fill In The Blanks
The word politics was derived form the Greek word …………
‘Republic’ was the work of ……………..
Aristotle wrote a book on political science and it is called …………..
Kautilya’s work relating to political science is …………..
- The politics
III. Answer The Following Questions
What is political science?
Political Science is one of the Social Science dealing with the political activities of man
Who began the systematic study of Political Science?
The Greeks began the systematic study of political science. Though it was initially started by the Indians, the Chinese, the Egyptians, and others, they gave shape to it.
Who is called the Father of Political Science?
Aristotle is called the Father of Political Science.
Give a definition of Political Science.
Political science is a study of the origin and development of the state, the functions of government, rights, and duties of citizens, etc.
Mention use of the study of Political Science?
There are many uses from the study of political science. It helps us to understand the need for a state, good administration the role of the leaders and people’s participation. It made the people become responsible citizens of the state. It contributes to the establishment of a Just, peaceful, progressive and happy state.
Class 8 Social Science Meaning and Importance of Political Science Additional Questions and Answers
I. Answer The Following Questions
Who failed to develop political ideas systematically?
Egyptians, Babylonians, Persians, Indians, and the Chinese failed to develop political ideas systematically.
Who is regarded as the “Father of political science”? Why?
Aristotle, the ancient Greek thinker and the student of Plato is regarded as the “Father of political science’ for his valuable contributions to its growth and development.
Name the important organs of the government
The important organs of the government are:
- Executive and
What is the main subject matter of political science?
The study of the state is the main subject matter of political science
II. Answer The Following Questions In 6 to 8 Sentences.
What is the importance of political science?
- Political science develops political consciousness among the people
- The knowledge of political science helps leaders and civil servants to understand and solve the problems of the people effectively.
- Political science helps to understand the important political institutions like political parties, federation, and local bodies
- Political science deals with ideologies which inspire and influence the political involvement of people.
- The knowledge of political science helps to raise good leadership and good citizenry
- Political science helps to understand the birth and growth of a state.
- It provides information about the structure and functions of the state and government.
- It provides knowledge of the constitutions and laws of the state.