Students can Download Class 3 English Chapter 11 Stories for Listening, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 3 English helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 3 English Chapter 11 Stories for Listening
1. Apple Tree
New Words :
1. Match the words with the pictures. Draw lines.
2. Answer the following questions :
1) Who lived in the old apple tree ? Tick [✓] the correct answers.
Squirrels, Insects, Sparrows, Grasshoppers
2) Why did the farmer decide to cut down the tree ? Choose the right words and write below.
The farmer said to himself, “The tree has become …………”. (useful/useless)
The farmer said to himself, “The tree has become ……. useless“.
3) Where was a beehive ?
The beehive was ……….. of the tree.
(on the branch/in the hollow)
The beehive was in the hollow of the tree.
4) Do you think the farmer was a kind man?
(Yes, he was / No, he was not)
Yes, the farmer was a kind man.
3. Match the speakers with their words.
2. Manu and the Money
Answer the following in a word or phrase each.
1) Where was Manu going ?
Manu was going to his grandma’s house.
2) Who did Manu ask for water ?
Manu asked the grocer.
3) What was the woman searching ?
The woman was searching for 500 Rupees Note.
4) Did Manu give the money to the woman ?
Yes, he gave the money to the woman.
3. The Sun on a Holiday
1. Answer the following questions in a word, phrase or a sentence each.
1) Who disappeared from the sky suddenly ?
The sun suddenly disappeared from the sky.
2) “Something is wrong with the Sun. May be he is ill”. Who said this ?
The squirrel said this.
3) Why was the Sun shocked ?
The Sun was shocked because everybody was doing which they never used to do while he (the Sun) was resting.
4) What did the Sun decide to do at the end ?
At the end the Sun decided to shine forever.
2. “Fill in the blanks with the words given below.
1) Mr. Sun thought he would take a
2) Without I will not be able to find any flowers.
3) The snow and the cold god ___ and went away.
4) The bird ___ its nest to find food for its chicks.