Students can Download Social Science History Chapter 2 Bahamani Adil Shah’s Questions and Answers, Notes Pdf, KSEEB Solutions for Class 7 Social Science helps you to revise the complete Karnataka State Board Syllabus and score more marks in your examinations.
Karnataka State Syllabus Class 7 Social Science History Chapter 2 Bahamani Adil Shah’s
Class 7 Social Science Bahamani Adil Shah’s Textbook Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- Bahmani dynasty was established in the year_______.
- Kalburgi was the capital of _______ sultans.
- Feroz Shah set up _______ city on the banks of Bhima river.
- Mahammad Gawan set up Madrasa in the year_________.
- Founder of Barid Shahi dynasty was _______.
- Founder of Golkonda’s Kutub Shahi state was _______ .
- Founder of Imaad Shahi dynasty was _______.
- 1347 CE
- Qasim Barid
- Quli Qutub Shah
II. Answer the following in one sentence:
Who was the founder of the Bahmani dynasty?
The founder of the Bahmani dynasty was Alla-ud-din Hasan Gangu Bahman Shah.
Who was Mohammed Gawan?
Mohammed Gawan was a Persian and worked honestly as a prime minister in the reign of the sultanate.
Where is the Solakhambh mosque?
Solakhambti mosque is in Bidar.
Name the prominent person among Adil Shahi sultans?
Ibrahim Adil shah-II was the prominent person among Adil Shahi sultans.
What is called as Taj Mahal of South India?
Ibrahim Rauza in vijayapura was built by Ibrahim Adil Shah II in the memory of his wife Taj Begam is called as Tajmahal of South India.
Why is Golgumbuz famous?
Because it is a big and great building, It has a big dome with a whispering chamber inside and with a fine technology. It is the fourth largest dome in the world and the first largest dome in India.
Who had Jagadguru Badasha title ?
Ibrahim adil Shah II had the title Jagadguru Badshah.
III. Discuss in groups and Answer:
Name Mohammed Gawan’s achievements?
- Mohammed Gawan captured Hubbalh, Belagavi, and Goa from the Vijayanagar empire.
- The administration was according to Islamic laws.
- He encouraged revenue and postal services.
- He fixed taxes on the basis of land’s fertility and irrigation facility. The tax was being collected in cash only.
- He removed the taxes which were annoying the people.
- As a philosopher himself, he founded Madarasa (university) in Bidar. It encouraged the Islamic religion and law education.
- Mohammed Gawan contributed a lot in making the Bahmani kingdom great.
Name five Shahi dynasties?
The five Shahi dynasties are:
- Adil Shahs of Vijaypur (Bijapur) (1489-1510)
- Barid Shahs of Bidar (1489-1619)
- Qutub Shahs of Golkonda (1512-1687)
- Nizam Shahs of Ahmadnagar ( 1490-1636)
- Imad Shahs of Berar (1490-1580)
Ibrahim Adil Shah had religious tolerance, discuss.
Ibrahim Adil shah the second was the great king during his period, the kingdom was expanded. He was tolerant of other religions. He sheltered many Hindu philosophers, poets, and musicians in his court. He removated Datta temples in his fort and encouraged pooja rituals. He worked for the cultural harmony of Hindu Muslim. The book begins with worshipping the Gods like Ganapati, Saraswati, Bhyrava, and others. By these examples, we can understand he had religious tolerance.
IV Match the following:
|1. Adil Shahi||Ahmad Nagar|
|2. Kutub Shahi||Berar|
|3. Nizam Shahi||Vijayapura|
|4. Imaad Shahi||Bidar|
|5. Barid shahi||Golkonda|
- Ahmed Nagar
Class 7 Social Science Bahamani Adil Shah’s Additional Questions and Answers
I. Fill in the blanks:
- _______was the capital of the Bahmani’s which was later shifted to Bidar.
- Mohammed Gawan was the prime Ministers under _______.
- The Bahmani kingdom was administered according to the _______ laws.
- The sultans raised buildings in the _______ style.
- _______was an expert in Geometry and Theology.
- He gifted many villages to a Sufi saint _______.
- Mohammed Shah III
- Indo – Islamic
- Firoz shah
- Bande Nawaz
II. Match the following:
|1. JamaMasjid||(a) Whispering chamber|
|2. Ibrahim Rouza||(b) Malik Ahmed|
|3. Gol Gumbaz||(c) Ibrahim Adil Shah II|
|4. Gagan Mahal||(d) Ali Adil Shah|
|5. Sunnar Province||(e) Ibrahim Adil shah|
III. Answer the following in a sentence each :
From where did the Bahmani sultans shift their capital to?
The Bahmani’s shifted their capital from Kalburgi to Bidar.
How did foreign tourism develop during the Bahmani rule?
The Bahmani’s concentrated on the development of ports to attract foreign tourism.
Why was Mohammed Gawan put to death by Mohammed Shah III?
Mohammed Gawan became a victim of regional leaders who were jealous of his fame and was put to death.
Who was the last ruler of the Bahmani dynasty?
The last king was Sultan Khalimullah Shah.
Who was the founder of the Barid Shah of Bidar?
Qasim Barid was the founder of Barid Shahs of Bidar.
Who was the founder of Qutub Shahs of Golkonda ?
Quli Qutub Shah was the founder of Golkonda state.
How did the rule of Qutub Shahs come to an end?
Kings like Abdul Qutub Shah and Abdul Hasan were incompetent and later Golkonda surrounded the Mughals.
What was the capital of Imad Shahs of Berar?
Ellichpur was the capital of the Imad Shahs of Berar.
Name the literary works of the Persian poet Ferista?
‘Thariq-i-Ferista’ and ‘Gulshan-ye- Ibrahim’.
Describe the fort of Vijayapur?
The fort of Vijayapur is very big with ninety-six bastions (the dome which was built on the fort) and six main entrances.
IV. Answer the following questions in Two or Three sentences each :
Describe the Madarasa at Bidar built by Mohammed Gawan?
- This collage was built in a vast magnificent building at Bidar. It is 242 feet in length, 222 feet in breadth, and 56 feet in height. It was three-storeyed.
- It had a library with more than 3000 manuscripts.
How did the rule of Barid Shahs of Bidar end?
- Ibrahim and his brother Qasim were incompetent kings and due to their inner conflicts, this dynasty declined.
- Ibrahim Adil Shah ofVijayapur captured Bidar and merged it with his kingdom.
What are the achievements Ibrahim of Qutub Shahs of Golkonda?
- Ibrahim had compassion for the Hindu religion and there were many Hindu officers in his administration.
- During his rule, he made Golkonda a beautiful city and shifted his capital from Golkonda to Hyderabad.
What is the contribution of Adil Shah to literature?
The contribution of Adil Shah’s to literature is very important
- Literature became rich in their period because these kings were poets themselves.
- Many books were written in Persian, Arabic, Urdu, and Kannada languages.
What is the contribution of Adil Shahs of Vijayapur to Art and Sculpture?
- In the history of Art and Sculpture of Karnataka, the buildings of Adil Shahs of Vijayapur are the important ones.
- They built forts, palaces, mosques, and tombs, their monuments are in Indo- Islamic style.
Describe briefly the Mehtar Mahal?
- It is a three-storied palace. Ibrahim Adil Shah II built it.
- It is famous for its fine and delicate decorations.
IV. Answer the following questions in Three to Four sentences each :
What is the contribution of Adil Shahs in the field of education?
- Adil Shahs were great lovers of education. Their education policy was to develop Islamic culture.
- Mukhtub (mosque) and Madaresa (college) were the educational centres.
- Knowledge, religion, law, poetry, and others were taught.
What is the contribution of Adil Shah to music?
- Yusuf Ali Adil Shah and Ibrahim Adil Shah II were great musicians.
- Ibrahim Adi Shah’s work ‘Kitab-e-Navaras’ was the great work in music. He opened a music school.
- Women of kings and rich families were interested in music.
What is the contribution of Ibrahim II to fine arts?
Ibrahim II was a fine artist
- His court had many Persian artists.
- Beautiful paintings of flowers, plants, creeper, and other nature scenes were painted on their houses, walls of mosques, and floors.
- These paintings helped to know the aspirations, interests, and traditions of people.
V. Answer the following questions in Four to Five sentences each :
What are the achievements of Tajuddin Firoz Shah?
- He was liberal, judicious, and a believer of God.
- He was an expert in Geometry and Theology.
- He sheltered many philosophers, poets, artists and had honoured them.
- He established an observatory in Daulalabad.
- He built a new city called Firozabad on the bank of Bhima river.
- He concentrated on the development of ports and as a result, foreign tourism developed.
What is the contribution of Mohammed Gawan to education?
- Mohammed Gawan was a philosopher himself and founded the Madarasa in Bidar.
- It encouraged the Islamic religion and law education.
- Astronomy, Mathematics, History was being studied there.
- Free education and hostel facilities were there.
- Around 3000 manuscripts were in the library of Madarasa.
What is the contribution of Bahmani sultans to education?
- Bahmani sultans encouraged Islamic education chanting of the Quran as part of the education.
- Kalburgi, Bidar, Elichapur, and Daulalabad, and others were the Islamic educational centres.
- Poor people and orphans were provided free food and shelter and also scholarships were given.
- Quran, philosophy, and principles of Sufism were taught in the schools.
Describe the development of sculpture during the Bahmani reign?
- Monuments in Bidar, Kalburgi, and other places are in Hindu – Islam style. It is familiar to the Dakini style.
- The first contribution of Mohammed Shah is Sania Maszid of Kalburgi. The meeting hall with small domes is a major attraction here.
- Tombs of sultans are in Kalburgi and they are domed structures.
- The tomb of Bandenawaz of Kalburgi, Bidar, Solakhambh mosque, and beautiful palaces in the fort are famous.
- These buildings are decorated and have carved wooden crafts on them.
- The twelve tombs of Ashtur near Bidar are also famous.
VI. Choose the correct option and fill in the blanks:
1. Bahmani state did not have the parts of __________.
d) Andra Pradesh
2. __________established an observatory in Daulalabad.
a) Ibrahim Adil Shah
b) Ali Adil Shah
c) Firoz Shah
d) Sikandar Adil Shah
c) Firoz Shah
3. __________was the founder of Adil Shah dynasty of Vijaypur.
a) Yusuf Adil Khan
b) Ismail Adil Khan
c) Mohammed Adil Shah
d) Ali Adil Shah
a) Yusuf Adil Khan
4. __________founded the Imad Shah of Berar dynasty.
a) Allauddin Imad Shah
b) Darya Imad Shah
c) Burhan Imad Shah
5. The Asar Mahal is in ___________.